Please note: the “Walking Bus Program” is now full.
Mission: To provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating after-school environment that promotes academic, social, and emotional development for children and youth.
Target audience: Children from low-income families, grades 1 through 8, who live in the local community.
- Academic Support: Our trained staff provides homework assistance and academic support to help children succeed in school. We also provide access to educational resources such as books, computers, and educational games.
- Enrichment Activities: Children participate in a variety of enriching activities, such as arts and crafts, sports and recreation, and science experiments. These activities help to build self-confidence, social skills, and creativity.
- Healthy Snacks and Dinners: Nutritious snacks are provided to children to ensure that they have the energy and focus needed to succeed in their academic and recreational activities. A healthy dinner following Canada’s food guidelines is also provided.
- Life Skills: We offer life skills training such as cooking, gardening, financial literacy, and leadership skills. These skills help children and families build their capacity to succeed and thrive.
- Mentoring: Our experienced staff provides mentorship to children to help them navigate the challenges of growing up.
- Family support: The program provides support to families, including referrals to community resources, information on parenting skills, and opportunities for family engagement.
- Transportation: The program offers a safe walk service, also known as our Walking Bus, which is a service that safely walks children from Village Union Public School to the after-school program.
Program schedule: The program operates after school from 3:15 PM to 6:15 PM, Monday through Friday, during the school year. We are closed on all STAT holidays and non-instructional school days.
Funding: The program is funded through a combination of private donations, community partnerships and grants.
Location: We are located in the back building at the corner of Celina and Fischer St.
How it works:
The After School Program (ASP) takes place Monday to Friday from 3:15 to 6:15 pm.
When children arrive, they receive a healthy snack and then participate in various activities including sports, games, and arts and crafts. At the end of the day, children are sent home with a nutritious dinner.
Children attending Village Union Public School can also participate in our Walking Bus program [PROGRAM IS NOW FULL].
The After School Program can accommodate any food allergies or restrictions as indicated by parents and guardians. To learn more about the After School Program CLICK HERE to view the Program Handbook.
To register your child for Simcoe Hall’s After School Program, please download and complete the ASP Registration Form.
When completed please email the completed forms to the After School Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.