Simcoe Hall originally started out as a Settlement House for helping those that were immigrating to Canada’s industrial areas. It was at this time that a man named only as Mr. Robson donated his home in Oshawa to the Women’s Welfare League who would be instrumental in supporting the aims of the Settlement House.
Settlement houses were started around the world with eventually there being 20 of them. Now there’s only two left… Simcoe Hall and another one in London, England.
1935 – Mr. Robson donates his house to Women’s Welfare League (comprised of Settlement Workers focused on establishing Settlement Houses Worldwide, of 20 in 1935, only 2 remain – Oshawa and London, England.)
Leading Community Initiatives